Building a website and establishing an online presence is essential for independent contractors, small business owners, and digital marketers alike. Without an online presence, maximizing your reach and online visibility is much more complicated and challenging.
With the right web host, ensure the reliability and uptime of your website whether you are using your website to promote content, unique blogs, or even specific products you are selling with your very own eCommerce storefront.
Before choosing a web hosting service that is right for you, it is best to familiarize yourself with all of the options you have as well as the type of hosting service(s) you require for the website you intend to launch.
Understanding various web hosting features, pricing models, and functions can help you to determine which hosting service is optimal for your needs and the type of online experience you are creating for your visitors and prospective customers.
Choosing a Web Hosting Service
Choosing a web hosting service should not be a decision that is made lightly, especially when you are building a website to represent your own business or brand. The right web hosting service can mean the difference between failure and success when it comes to building a name and reputation for yourself or your business and brand online.
Once you make the decision you build a website of your own, consider its purpose as well as the type of features and functionality you want to implement into the site itself. Ask yourself the following questions before settling on a web hosting provider that is right for you:
- What is the overall purpose of my website? Do I intend to use my website to simply share information about my business and brand, or am I planning to sell products and services that I offer with an eCommerce storefront solution in place?
- Who is my main target audience? What demographics am I attempting to reach with my website and online presence? How will my audience discover my website and the products, services, or ideas it covers?
- Do I require special SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates, eCommerce programs, or other CMS (Content Management System) solutions for my website based on the type of content I intend to produce and share?
- How important is the speed of my website? Am I expecting a massive influx of traffic, or will my website be simple, smaller, and more targeted towards local and repeat traffic?
Having an outline of the type of website you intend to build as well as its overall purpose can significantly help when it comes time to compare and choose a web hosting provider that is right for your needs.
The more familiar you are with various web hosts, features, and pricing, the easier it is to choose a solution that is affordable and suitable for the website you envision.
List of The 7 Best Cheap Web Hosting Services
Even after you have made the decision to start your own website, you will still need to choose a web hosting service and provider to help you get the job done.
With thousands of web hosting services and solutions available on the market today, knowing how to compare features, pricing, and overall value is essential to select a provider that is optimal for your website plans.
Take the time to compare some of the top cheap web hosting services available before choosing a web hosting plan and provider that is most suitable.
Before you purchase hosting from one of the great deals below I would also look into buying your domain name over here at NameCheap dot com. Not only are they cheap but they offer much more than your average popular domain registrar.
1. HawkHost Website Hosting
If you are new to web hosting and establishing an online presence or if you are looking to launch a simple website or blog, HawkHost may be the right solution for you.
Although Hawk Host is primarily focused on promoting and selling shared hosting solutions, there are many features and reasons to not overlook Hawk Host for any type of website you have in mind.
If you are concerned about the speed of your website with a shared hosting plan, don’t fret. With Hawk Host, enjoy easy integration with the Cloudflare CDN, or Content Delivery Network.
Additionally, the host also provides one-click installation services for a variety of CMS solutions from WordPress and Joomla to Drupal and Magento, making it extremely simple to get started with just about any type of website, blog, or eCommerce storefront you have in mind for your website, even without programming and coding experience.
Cost: Package fees for Hawk Host web hosting services begin at just $2.99 per month, making it one of the most affordable shared hosting solutions available to date.
Some of the additional features that Hawk Host provides include:
– Unlimited bandwidth
– 10,000 MB of space per user
– Unlimited add-on domains
– Unlimited databases per user
– One free SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate
– SSD (Solid-State Drive) included for storage
– Cloudflare CDN integration
– Free website migrations for new customers
– 30-day money-back guarantee
– VPS (Virtual Private Server) alternate hosting options and solutions available
Whether you are looking for a simplistic one-page blog or a robust online community or an eCommerce storefront, Hawk Host has a solution for just about everyone on any budget.
If you are searching for one of the most popular, credible, and trustworthy web hosting providers available, consider DreamHost.
Voted the #1 hosting service for three years in a row by PC Magazine, Dream Host is one of today’s largest and most reliable web hosting providers on the market.
With DreamHost, choose between traditional dedicated server hosting, domain registration, and even VPS for more private and robust solutions.
Cost: For those interested in traditional shared hosting packages from DreamHost, monthly fees begin at $3.95 for an individual site and $9.95 for the “Unlimited” tier, providing users with unlimited websites and domains within their hosting package itself.
However, there are also VPS hosting plans that range from a low $13.75 to more than $110 per month. For those who are interested in scaling their website(s) or securing their hosting package as much as possible, DreamHost also provides dedicated hosting solutions for clients beginning at $149 per month.
Some of the additional features that DreamHost provides include:
– Shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting plans to choose from
– Cloud hosting solutions
– WordPress hosting plans as well as a managed WordPress account if requested
– 50GB storage available for starter accounts, unlimited storage for upgraded accounts
– Unlimited bandwidth provided
– Included SSL certificate with all plans
– 8 backups included in all plans from DreamHost
– 99.99% uptime guarantee
– 97-day money-back guarantee for all clients and customers, regardless of your preferred plan
Whether you are just getting started with a website for the first time or if you are looking to take your existing business and brand to the next level of success, choose DreamHost for all of your hosting needs. With DreamHost, choose between traditional shared hosting, VPS hosting solutions, or even dedicated hosting plans to meet all of your hosting needs on any budget.
Bluehost is one of the world’s most popular web hosting solutions, especially for beginners and those new to building websites and blogs (for personal or commercial purposes).
Not only does Bluehost provide a simple and straightforward method of getting started with a web hosting service and package right away, but it is also one of the most affordable solutions for any type of service you are interested in.
Even though Bluehost is one of the cheapest web hosting solutions on the net, it is still one of the most trustworthy and reliable, with more than 2 million websites worldwide being hosted with the company to date.
Cost: One of the most attractive features of Bluehost is its low monthly cost. For just $2.95 a month, you can get started with a Bluehost account of your own, allowing you to immediately get started with the build and management of your website.
With the basic $2.95/month account from Bluehost, take advantage of unmetered bandwidth, a free SSL certificate, and even 50 GB of SSD storage for all of your uploaded pages of content, files, and other media.
Some of the additional features that Bluehost provides include:
– 24/7 customer support with both live chat as well as phone support (for all hosting plan clients)
– A free domain for first-time customers for the first year of service
– One free SSL certificate with all Bluehost plans, even shared web hosting plans
– One-click installation of WordPress for those interested in using WordPress for their website, eCommerce store, or blog
– 30-day money-back guarantee for all customers and clients
Choosing Bluehost is highly recommended for anyone who is new to web building and creating content for their personal or business space online. With Bluehost, it has never been easier to get started with the creation and launch of any website for under $3 a month.
For individuals as well as small business owners alike, HostGator delivers when it comes to quality web hosting packages and plans.
Not only does HostGator offer traditional shared hosting plans and services, but it also provides VPS (virtual private server) solutions, cloud hosting, reseller packages, as well as dedicated server packages.
Cost: The cost of a HostGator service plan highly depends on the type of web hosting you require.
For those interested in shared service plans, hosting with HostGator will run you approximately $4.95 per month, with the option to upgrade at any time for faster speeds, more space, or even an entirely dedicated and private server of your own.
HostGator use to be a in demand service but I personally feel HawkHost is now becoming a more well rounded hosting service from affordability to customer service.
I still use them for a website or two but I have moved over many of my projects.
Some of the additional features that HostGator provides include:
– 99.99% uptime guarantee
– Hosting options from shared and VPS to cloud, dedicated, and reseller options
– One-click installation options for various services including WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal
– 24/7 customer support with live chat and phone support systems
– Complimentary SSL certificate for all customers
– 45-day money-back guarantee
– Highly endorses cloud hosting
– Provides long-term contractual agreements to help clients save money
If you are looking to get started with your website or blog right away or if you are simply seeking a web host that has been around and can be relied on, HostGator delivers.
With HostGator, get started with the building and creation of your website right away, even if you are unfamiliar with coding or designing yourself. With the right HostGator hosting plan, begin creating an online presence for yourself, your business, or your brand in no time.
An up-and-coming web host that has not been around as long as Dreamhost and Bluehost but is becoming increasingly popular is Hostinger.
Hostinger is an extremely popular and well-liked hosting provider that is notorious for its extremely low prices, even for long-term customers and clients.
For anyone who is interested in launching a website that does not require extensive backend tools and access points, Hostinger may be right for you. In addition to traditional web hosting, Hostinger also offers completely dedicated email hosting for those interested in various business services that are unavailable anywhere else.
Cost: The basic plan for a Hostinger hosting account will run you $.99/per month with a long-term commitment to the service provider itself.
For those uninterested in long-term contracts or commitment, the base plan, as well as the renewal cost, will run you $2.15 per month, which is still one of the cheapest prices throughout the entire web hosting industry.
Some of the additional features that Hostinger provides include:
– 1 website and 1 email address per shared hosting account
– 100 GB of limited bandwidth for shared hosting account holders
– 1 free complimentary SSL certificate for your shared hosting website
– WordPress Acceleration solutions (LSCWP)
– Github Integration
– Cloudflare Protected Nameservers
– hPanel Auto Installer to help with one-click installations for hundreds of CMS solutions such as WordPress, Drupal, Magento, and Joomla
Simply upgrading to the premium shared hosting packaged through Hostinger will provide you with access to unlimited bandwidth, websites, and email accounts immediately in addition to additional allocated resources as well as LiteSpeed Cache servers. For affordable, reliable, and lightning-fast hosting, turn to Hostinger for all of your website-building needs.
6. iPage Hosting
One of the oldest hosting companies still available today for those interested in long-term shared hosting contracts is iPage Hosting.
With iPage Hosting, it is possible to purchase domain names as well as shared hosting and WordPress hosting directly through the provider itself.
For domain purchases, users are required to pay $9.99 for the first year of a .com registration, followed by $17.99 per year for renewals.
In addition to shared hosting, domain registration, and WordPress hosting, iPage Hosting also provides dedicated server solutions starting at $140 per month.
Cost: The cost for shared hosting plans with iPage Hosting is more affordable for first-time customers, ranging from $1.99 a month to $2.99 a month.
Renewal prices on shared hosting packages from iPage Hosting range from $8.35 to $8.99 a month, making iPage Hosting one of the more expensive shared hosting solutions for those who are not first-time customers.
One perk of using iPage Hosting is the ability to save on monthly costs and fees by committing to a long-term contract. The current contractual agreements are 1, 2, and 3-year service plans that help to reduce monthly costs for shared hosting as well as other hosting solutions iPage Hosting provides.
Some of the additional features that iPage Hosting provides include:
– Extremely cheap discounts and deals for new customers and those who are interested in signing a long-term contract or agreement
– Modern control panel with one-click install options for many plugins and software solutions, including WordPress
– Simplistic and straightforward plans and pricing, optimal for those who are new to web hosting or confused with the process
– Option to select shared hosting, WordPress hosting, or even dedicated hosting solutions based on your needs as well as your budget
– Domain registration available for a lower price for first-year and first-time clients
While iPage Hosting is not the cheapest hosting solution on the net, it is reliable and has been around for years in good standing with long-term customers. For those who are seeking a reliable web host that is ideal for personal projects, iPage Hosting may be right for you.
7. Siteground Hosting
Finding a web hosting provider with a remarkable reputation and one with glowing reviews is not always easy, but it is possible with Siteground Hosting. Known for its top-notch customer service, Siteground Hosting delivers in terms of cost, reliability, uptime, as well as overall performance.
Whether you are looking to build a brand new blog for personal reasons or if you are interested in scaling your online community or business website, Siteground Hosting has a plan for you.
In addition to being loved and adored by their fanbase of customers, Siteground Hosting is also one of the only shared hosting providers to be endorsed and recommended by both WordPress and Yoast.
Cost: The cost of a shared hosting plan from Siteground Hosting begins at $6.99 per month. Although this is not the lowest cost for shared hosting plans available today, Siteground Hosting’s features and customer service often makes their price increase well worth the extra investment.
Additional shared hosting plans from Siteground Hosting will run you $9.99 per month or $14.99 per month, depending on the space, bandwidth, and features you require to get your website up and running.
It is important to keep in mind that with Siteground Hosting, introductory prices are typically only good for the first year. Shared hosting prices will jump from $6.99 per month to $14.99 per month, and $14.99 per month to $39.99 per month after the introductory year has passed.
Some of the additional features that Siteground Hosting provides include:
– Free domain and website migrations
– Free SSL certificate with any new hosting plan
– Free unlimited number of email accounts for your website (optimal for business websites and websites with multiple employees or team members)
– WordPress assistance and one-click installation options
– A free CDN (content delivery network) to help boost the overall speed of your website(s)
– Excellent security
– Fast loading speeds with all service plans (including shared hosting)
– Automatic server updates to keep your website running smooth and without issue at all times
– Top-notch customer service with expert technical assistance and support across phones, chat, and email
– Offers a free 30-day trial for all new customers
– 99.99% annual uptime guarantee or you receive a month of web hosting completely free of charge
Although Siteground Hosting is not the cheapest shared and dedicated hosting solution on the market, it still ranks as one of the highest and most popular choices for both individuals and businesses alike. With the right Siteground Hosting package, launch your website in less time without the hassle, downtime, or slow loading speeds.
Best Shared Hosting Plans
In addition to individual web hosting plans, there are also shared web hosting plans for those who are interested in an even more affordable and quick solution when it comes to building a website and establishing an online presence. Shared hosting is web hosting that is also shared with other paying customers on the same web server or system.
What is Shared Hosting?
With shared hosting, clients of a web hosting provider are placed on the same server or system as other users, effectively allowing the sharing of bandwidth, space, and other resources from one central location. By utilizing the same resources and bandwidth as other users on the same server, you can keep your monthly server costs and fees much lower.
Choosing the Right Shared Hosting Plan
Choosing a shared hosting plan highly depends on your website’s needs as well as the amount of traffic you are expecting each day on your website itself. Not all shared web hosting plans are optimal, especially if they do not have an uptime guarantee in place or if you are extremely limited with bandwidth.
Before you begin shopping around for a hosting plan or package that is right for you, be sure to set a budget aside that is ideal for you. Setting a monthly budget for your hosting can help in the research process, especially with the myriad of options available to choose from today. Whether you are looking for a hosting package that is $.99 a month (such as Hostinger) or if you are willing to pay for quality with $14.99 a month fees (Siteground Hosting), be sure to keep track of costs and fees to find a hosting provider that is most suitable for your needs.
Do you expect a lot of traffic on your website regularly? What type of content or media do you intend to upload, publish, and share with your visitors? Determining how much bandwidth you will require is essential when shopping around for the perfect hosting plan for your website. Although it is not always easy to predict, it is important to consider whether or not your website may be at risk of being overloaded or overrun if you choose a shared hosting package that currently limits your monthly bandwidth allotment.
Familiarize yourself with the various features that are often provided with standard shared, dedicated, and VPS hosting solutions. The more familiar you become with well-known and popular features, the easier it is to choose a web hosting provider that is well-worth your monthly investment. Some features to watch for when you are in the process of researching, comparing, and reviewing web hosts include:
- Domain registration
- Unlimited SSD space
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Monthly costs and service fees/additional fees
- One-click install of WordPress and other CMS, or Content Management Systems
- Cloudflare CDN (Content Network Delivery)
- 24/7 customer support (email, phone, live chat)
- Metrics and analytics
- Speed boost tools
Hawk Host is an ideal shared hosting solution, as it is designed to help those who are interested in getting started with a website, but do not yet require the ability to scale on a massive level. With affordable shared packages beginning at $2.99 a month, Hawk Host can come in handy for even the smallest niche website ideas.
With Hostinger, users can get started right away with building a website, even if they are inexperienced and unfamiliar with the territory. Using Hostinger is optimal for those who have little to no interest in complex backends and programming themselves. With Hostinger, it is possible to get a shared hosting package up and running for as little as $.99 per month with a long-term commitment and contract. Those who are not interested in long-term contracts can still use Hostinger’s shared web hosting solutions for just $2.15 a month, some of the lowest fees available across the board.
Web Hosting Comparison Chart
|#1 Hawk Host||$2.99/mo||MULTIPLE||UNLIMITED||FREE|
Which Type of Hosting Do I Need?
Settling on the type of hosting that is right for you will depend on your needs as well as the type of website or online presence you want to create. With shared hosting, VPS (Virtual Private Server) solutions, and dedicated servers, knowing which solution is right for you can seem stressful and confusing if you are just starting out. Before you can choose a hosting package that will benefit you and your web venture the most, it is important to ask yourself the following questions as they pertain to your own business and plans:
– What is the purpose and goal of my website? Am I trying to reach new customers or simply share information about a product, service, or idea of mine?
– Do I intend to use my website to promote services and content, or to sell products and services through the use of an eCommerce storefront or platform?
– Will I be using my website to collect information from users with an online community, email newsletter, or another method? If so, will I require additional hosting services and features to ensure that my website remains in proper and working order at all times?
– Am I in need of unlimited space and bandwidth? If so, what guarantees am I provided with the shared or dedicated hosting provider that I have chosen?
When to Use Shared Hosting
Using a shared hosting package is ideal for those who are new to building websites, those who are interested in launching a personal project, and anyone who is creating a small business website.
When launching a massive website or online community, it is best to turn to alternatives such as a VPS solution or dedicated hosting package.
Why Choose a VPS or Dedicated Hosting Plan
Although a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or a dedicated hosting plan will cost you more monthly and altogether in fees and upkeep costs, it is often well worth the investment for growing businesses and online ventures.
With a VPS or dedicated server solution, worry less over bandwidth allotments, speed, and uptime. Without sharing a server with other users and websites, your website will have an advantage when it comes to loading and traffic management.
The following websites and online communities are likely to benefit from a VPS or dedicated hosting plan:
- -Social networks
- Message boards and popular online communities or forums
- Heavy-traffic niche websites
- Heavy-traffic and heavy-media based websites
- Viral websites
- High-traffic news/media websites
Choosing the right web host and package for you will depend on the type of website you are creating, the audience you are targeting, and the amount of traffic you expect.
Once you are familiar with various features, costs, and functions that each web host provides, you can choose a service that is not only affordable and budget-friendly, but one that delivers and exceeds your expectations.