It’s no secret that SEO is a complex and ever-changing field. Even for experienced marketers, staying up-to-date on the latest best practices can be challenging. So, where can you turn for reliable, actionable information about local SEO?
I’ve put together a list of 10 top-rated courses taught by some of the sharpest minds in the industry. These courses will help you hone your skills and better understand how to optimize your site for better local visibility.
Learning local SEO is an incredible way to help explode the growth and exposure of your local business or maybe you want to learn the incredible skill of local search engine optimization so that you can start an agency or offer this service.
Helping other local businesses rank in the search engines for top local search terms that turn into leads, booked appointments, or estimates and revenue for those businesses is an amazing skill to have.
Either way, I am glad you are here. I have personally leveraged the skill of local SEO to build an agency, launch multiple rank and rent lead gen businesses and help so many local businesses see incredible growth.
After 11 years of learning and implementing SEO on a broad range of local projects you learn a few key things. Some great things and many lessons learned.
I am going to break down why local SEO is so powerful and why I created the Google Business Maps MasterClass a full over the shoulder local SEO Course with a live successful case study!
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO stands for local search engine optimization. Local SEO is a marketing strategy that optimizes content to attract customers within a specific geographic area. It differs from traditional SEO because it targets local searches, such as “roofer near me” or “plumber in Atlanta.”
How does Local SEO work?
This type of SEO requires a comprehensive approach to content optimization. First, you’ll want to ensure your website is optimized for local searches by adding your business address and other related information to the metadata.
You can also use structured data markup or local schema, which helps search engines understand the geographic relevance of your content.
Next, it’s important to create content that is relevant to local searches. By crafting content tailored for local keywords, you can better target people in your area and encourage them to take action.
Finally, you should focus on building links from high-quality sites within your geographic region. This can give your site more authority and help boost its visibility in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
Local SEO is one of the most powerful ways to build brand exposure and grow a local business.
If you are not yet leveraging Local SEO learn how to do SEO from the resources down below.
Learn Local SEO As A Beginner
The best local SEO courses for beginners will explain everything about local search engine optimization basics from start to finish with incredible examples.
Our Google Business Maps MasterClass Local SEO training is perfect for beginners and great for experienced SEO professionals.
It is important to not get overwhelmed by the amount of information when it comes to SEO and you should be aware that if this skill is broken down well and simplified through a great course you will soon become an expert compared to most.
What Is The Best Course To Buy For Local SEO?
I have personally been doing SEO for 12 years now. I started a Local SEO agency and completely invested tens of thousands of dollars over the years to learn from the best in the industry.
Over the last few years, I decided to create what I considered the best Local SEO Course in the industry.
After going through tons of SEO courses myself I pieced together the most powerful tactics and methods that actually work and really push the needle.
In my local SEO training, you get to learn through the lens of my camera as I document step by step right over the shoulder a LIVE Case Study. Yes, you heard that right. I actually start and finish a local SEO project right in front of your eyes.
The best part about the local SEO training course is that you actually get to see firsthand a local website and local GBP rank right in front of your eyes for a local competitive term.
Sneak Peak: We were able to generate 68 estimates in one month for this local business from this exact site where you watch us implement local SEO. We started ranking at the top of Google and phone calls started flooding in.
List of the Best Local SEO Courses
Now that you better understand what local SEO is and how it works let’s dive into the list of courses that can help you hone your skills.
This course is perfect for anyone looking to set up and optimize a Google My Business profile and rank a local website. It’s taught by an expert in the field and covers everything from setting up your profile to creating posts and managing reviews.
Top Key Features
- The instructor takes you through the entire process of creating a GMB page step-by-step, with plenty of screenshots and helpful images.
- You’ll learn how to create and optimize Google My Business SEO profile and local website SEO.
- The course also teaches you how to set up and manage reviews and post content and photos.
- You’ll get access to an exclusive members-only Facebook group where you can ask questions and get support from the instructor and other students.
OTS Google Business Profile MasterClass costs $297 for lifetime access to the course materials.
2. Local SEO Marketing by Udemy
Udemy is a popular online learning platform offering courses on almost every topic you can imagine. An instructor teaches their Local SEO Marketing course with many years of experience in the field. The course covers everything from keyword research to link building and even provides case studies to help illustrate the concepts.
Top Key Features
- This course is perfect for beginners, offering clear and straightforward guidance on the fundamentals of local SEO.
- It also provides plenty of practical advice on topics like website optimization, link building, and content creation.
- It offers an in-depth look at optimizing for local search engine results pages (SERPs) and using maps and reviews to draw in customers.
- The instructor provides step-by-step instructions on the 12 pillars of online marketing.
Udemy’s Local SEO Marketing course costs $19.99 and provides lifetime access to the materials.
- This course is great for beginner marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get a better handle on local SEO.
- It also features an impressive collection of resources that can help you stay up-to-date on the latest best practices.
- Low price with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3. Local SEO Fundamentals Course by Moz Academy
Moz is one of the leading authorities on SEO and digital marketing. Many of the world’s top marketers have used their courses to hone their skills and get ahead in the industry. Their local SEO fundamentals course is no exception, offering an extensive overview of all the concepts you need to know.
Top Key Features
The course provides detailed guides on topics like:
- Local competitor research
- Local data management
- Reputation management
- Measuring and tracking the success
You will get to participate in hands-on exercises that will give you a feel for the subject matter. The instructor provides tips and tricks to help you make the most of your local SEO efforts.
Here are the different packages:
- The starter pack, three courses at $149
- SEO essential certification, six courses at $595
- Technical SEO certification, five courses at $395
- SEO competitive analysis certification, six courses at $395
- This course offers an in-depth look at all the components of local SEO.
- It also features an interactive quiz to test your knowledge and help you stay on top of the material.
- You’ll receive a certificate upon course completion, which will help you stand out among job applicants.
4. Pigzilla SEO Local Guide
Pigzilla SEO’s Local Guide course is designed to understand local search engine optimization comprehensively. Its focus is helping you learn how to optimize your website with the “Bring Home the Bacon” program. This program is a comprehensive guide on local SEO, which will help you gain visibility in your target market and increase conversions.
Top Key Features
The course covers topics such as:
- Understanding how local SEO works
- How to optimize website content for local searches
- Identifying the right keywords for local SEO
- Tools and techniques used to generate local traffic
- You’ll also get access to a bonus course on content marketing that will help you create effective content for your local customers.
The Pigzilla SEO Local Guide course costs $49 per month and provides the following:
- 24/7 access to all the materials
- Subscriber-only content
- Free Gift
- Subscriber-only slack community
There is also the $5/ month package, but it only has the Subscriber-only slack community feature.
- This course provides an in-depth look at everything you need to know about local SEO.
- You’ll get access to a comprehensive resource library, bonus courses and materials, and the Subscriber-only slack community.
- The instructor also provides helpful tips and tricks to help you make the most of your local SEO efforts.
- There is also a 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re unsatisfied with the course.
- The Pigzilla SEO Local Guide course is relatively expensive compared to other local SEO courses.
5. Local SEO Course by SEMrush Academy
SEMrush is a leading digital marketing platform with a wide range of courses to help beginners get started with SEO. The instructor of this outstanding SEO course is Greg Gifford. He is the vice president of search for search lab digital.
Additionally, Greg Gifford has more than 17 years of expertise in the SEO sector. Additionally, he offers worldwide SEO services and solutions.
Greg has also had the distinction of serving as a guest speaker at some of the best SEO conferences globally. Additionally, he has started a paid course. However, SEMrush will provide you access to his local SEO course for free.
Top Key Features
- The course has an entire duration of one hour for 10 lessons.
- It is an easy-to-understand course as it has both written and visual content.
- This course will teach the importance of local SEO, link building, citations, and more.
- The instructor offers tips and tricks to help you make your business stand out from other market competitors.
6. Local SEO by Fiverr
Fiverr is an online marketplace for freelancers to find work and businesses to hire them. It offers a range of courses, including local SEO, known as the Put Your Business on the Map course.
Top Key Features
- This course teaches you the 4 pillars of SEO: Off-site SEO, Technical SEO, Google My Business, and your website.
- You will learn how to set up a Google My Business account, leverage local SEO tactics like citations and reviews, optimize your website for local search results, and more.
- The course also covers on-page optimization techniques such as keyword research, title tags and meta descriptions, content delivery networks (CDNs), page speed optimization, and more.
The Put, Your Business on the Map course costs $52 and provides unlimited access to resources and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- The course covers essential topics and provides an in-depth look at local SEO tactics.
- It is taught by experienced professionals who have been helping businesses of all sizes reach their goals for over 5 years.
- The course also includes exercises and quizzes to help you test your knowledge and reinforce what you learn
7. Local SEO Training by Yoast
This course contains 5 modules that offer the foundational knowledge for local SEO. It offers a detailed approach to working with Google My Business, directory listings, and more.
Top Key Features
- PDF files with examples and step-by-step instructions.
- A comprehensive 2-hour course that covers the basics of local SEO.
- Videos to help you understand the concepts better.
- Answer keys and quizzes to test your knowledge.
- It provides an in-depth overview of important aspects such as local SEO rankings, link building, and more.
- The course also provides access to an online community for students to discuss their results with one another.
- It is available for a one-time fee of $99/ year, giving you access to all Yoast SEO courses.
- There is a free course to access the basics of SEO, WordPress, and a free version of the Yoast plugin.
8. Local U Local University
This university believes everyone should access the best marketing techniques and offers a wide range of courses to assist you with local SEO.
Top Key Features
- Each module is taught by a different Sky Link Dream Team instructor, who offers a unique perspective on the topic.
- The curriculum covers topics such as link building, directory listings, and more.
- This course provides in-depth coverage of local SEO tactics, emphasizing real-world applications.
- The instructors are experienced professionals who have worked with successful digital companies.
- The course also provides access to a discussion forum for students to share their progress and results.
The packages are as follows:
- Premium- 12 sessions at $10000
- Plus- 6 sessions at $7500
- Lite – 1 session at $1500
9. Bright Local Academy
This course will help you use keywords to your advantage, learn about optimizing for local search, and more.
Top Key Features
- This course is great for beginners and experienced SEO professionals alike.
- It provides a comprehensive overview of local SEO, including keyword research and optimization, link building, directory listings, content creation, and more.
- Learn multi-location local SEO audits and management tools
- It covers advanced topics such as local SEO audits, content optimization, and link building.
- It provides access to an online forum for students to ask questions and get feedback.
- It is completely free.
10. Local SEO course by Skillshare
With more than 27000 premium classes, Skillshare offers a local SEO course tailored to businesses.
Top Key Features
- This course covers all the basics of SEO and more advanced topics such as website audits, content strategy and optimization, and directory listings.
- It also includes in-depth lessons on popular tools such as SEMrush and Screaming Frog.
- It covers topics such as keyword research, link building, content optimization, and more.
- It provides online discussion forums for students to ask questions and get feedback.
- It is available for free on Skillshare.
Is coding required for SEO?
Coding is not required for SEO. However, knowledge of HTML and CSS can be helpful when optimizing websites.
Do I need a degree in digital marketing to learn SEO?
You do not need a degree in digital marketing to learn SEO. You can acquire the necessary skills through courses available online.
How long does it take to learn SEO?
It depends on the individual, but it usually takes several months to acquire a good understanding of SEO. It is important to stay up-to-date with best practices to remain competitive.
Local SEO is an important tool for businesses to be successful online. With the right courses, you can learn how to optimize your website and other marketing efforts for local search engine results.
The courses listed here are all great choices depending on your learning style and budget. Whichever course you choose, you will gain valuable skills to help you succeed in local SEO.
Hopefully, this list has helped you find the best local SEO course for your needs. Good luck on your journey to mastering local SEO.